- Get trained by Scrum Alliance approved Certified Scrum Trainers® (CSTs)
- Get certified from the globally acclaimed accreditation body, Scrum Alliance
- Earn 16 PDUs and SEUs in just 2 days
- Excel in addressing challenges through Scrum as an effective Product Owner
- Advance your knowledge with an experiential learning format
Every high-functioning Agile team that you see has a well-trained Product Owner making critical product decisions. These fresh new cohorts of Certified Scrum Product Owners ensure on-time delivery of high-value releases and maximize the ROI. A globally recognized CSPO certification, therefore, is a career-defining credential for anybody willing to take up challenging roles in agile coaching or higher positions in an organization.
- Widen the scope of your career with the knowledge of popular Agile practices.
- Stack the top skills and demonstrate your Scrum knowledge.
- Actively engage with the community of Agile practitioners dedicated to continuous Scrum practice and improvement.
- Create a better product for leading and implementing Scrum in the team.
- There are no prerequisites to take the Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) training. But having command on the Scrum basics will be easy to get the concepts soon.
Who should take up?
- Project Managers
- Product Owners
- Managers-Software development
- Architects-Software development
- Product Managers
- Software developers
- Software testers
- Team leads/Team members interested in learning Scrum
- Understand the Scrum Flow, the core components of the Scrum framework, and the Scrum vocabulary
- Understand the principles/legs of empirical process control
- Understand the work culture Scrum creates
- Understand the scope of the Product Owner, ScrumMaster and the team role in detail
- Understand why there is no project manager and no agile product manager
- Understand the importance of having the product vision as an overarching goal galvanizing the entire Scrum team
- Understand the desirable qualities of the vision and how it can be shaped
- Understand the importance of carrying out just enough prep work
- Understand the relationship between vision and product roadmap
- Understand the different estimation levels in Scrum
- Understand that the accuracy of an estimate is more important than the precision of the estimate
- Understand that estimates of size and duration can be done separately
- Understand the impact of pressuring team members to provide low estimates
- Understand the difference between estimating and committing
- Understand what the product backlog is, and what it is not
- Understand product backlog grooming
- Understand the importance and benefits of prioritizing the product backlog
- Understand the implications of saying everything is mandatory
- Understand who should have input into prioritization decisions
- Understand that proper prioritization of a product backlog is based on multiple factors
- Understand and know how to apply formal approaches to prioritizing (i.e. beyond just 'gut feel' or intuition)
- Understand how much latitude to give a team in adjusting the sequence of work
- Understand the goals and how-tos of release planning
- Understand that planning is adaptive, iterative and collaborative
- Understand why quality is frozen and the concept of technical debt
- Understand why software should be released early and frequently
- Understand and measure velocity
- Understand release burndown charts
- Understand how a release plan can help predict the future
- Understand the product owner?s role in Scrum meetings, and how the Product Owner and Team collaborate
- Understand why sprints are timeboxed and protected
- Understand the concept of sustainable pace
- Understand team commitment
CSPO® Certification Training FAQs
In Agile terms, a Product is something that you build as per your client?s requirements to achieve a certain goal.
The Product Owner is an individual on the Scrum team, who represents the user community or business, and is responsible for working with the user group to find the features that will be included in the product release. They are the leaders, managing the team and guiding the product?s progress toward success. The role of the Product Owner is critical to all types of product development, specifically in the Agile methodology.
- Defining the product features
- Prioritizing the product features
- Adjusting the features and priority after each sprint as required
- Rejecting or accepting work results
- Keeping customers updated about status and getting their feedback
The Scrum Product Owner responsibilities list includes the following:
As a Certified Product Owner, you will be given the responsibility of heading an Agile project, liaising with the Scrum Master to achieve objectives and ensuring satisfied customers. The CSPO course will enable you to improve the effectiveness of Scrum artifacts and give you the knowledge necessary to increase the business agility in your organization.
The Product Owner and the Scrum Master are two different roles in the Scrum (Agile) development model. However, both have the same objective of adding value to project management. While the Scrum Master focuses completely on the team and its operations, the Product Owner studies the project from a customer?s perspective. The Product Owners are responsible for managing the product backlog and securing its visibility all the time. On the other hand, the Scrum Master is responsible to motivate the team and help remove any impediments in order to facilitate the timely completion of the project.
- Business Analyst
- Project Manager
- Product Manager
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
For a detailed overview of the CSPO career path, click here.
Your next step in your Agile journey after earning your foundational CSPO certification and a year of experience working as a CSPO on a Scrum Team is to achieve your Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner? (A-CSPO?) certification.
Through this membership, you can join local user groups, online social networks, gain access to deep discounts on gatherings, and additional member-only resources. In addition, CSPOs get to use a specially designed logo to highlight their credentials.
- Cisco Systems
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co
- Nokia Siemens Networks Ltd
- Transaction Network Services
- GE Healthcare
- Siemens Healthineers
- Evolent Health
- Societe Generale Global Solution Centre
- Fidelity Investments
- Axis Bank
- ASSA ABLOY Group
- Blackboard Inc.
Here are some of the top industries and companies that have hired Product Owners:
It is the Product owner?s responsibility to ensure that an Agile project goes as planned, customer requirements are met and the end product is delivered on time, within budget and is of the highest quality. While practical learning of these skills is essential, a CSPO certificate will ensure your commitment to the profession and teach you the tools and techniques needed to ensure project success. A CSPO certification paves the way for better and bigger opportunities in the field of Agile. Our CSPO course will teach you how to gain the all-important practical skills required by a Product Owner, making you successful in your projects.
- If you want to learn how to prioritize and interface with Agile teams
- If you want to maximize the benefits of Agile projects
- If you are a Product Owner or Product Manager and are looking to advance your skills while addressing real-world issues that you have encountered
No, there is no online/virtual course for CSPO. Scrum Alliance believes that understanding Scrum requires a greater level of personal interaction than can be delivered in a virtual environment.
- Professionals licensed by Scrum Alliance to teach the official Scrum Alliance curriculum,
- Masters in Scrum who have immense experience in leading, applying, coaching, and teaching it,
- Skilled in product management and software development, and
- Subject experts who are active in software development and local Agile communities, along with the broader global Scrum and Agile movements.
Our Certified Scrum Trainers® (CSTs) are:
Our dedicated team of CSTs delivers training on par with the standard of excellence as set out by Scrum Alliance. So, every candidate receives the same high-quality content irrespective of the trainer and the location. They help you further develop the competencies and skills you need to make a difference in your organization.
The Certified Scrum Product Owner®(CSPO) designation is provided by Scrum Alliance. The Scrum Alliance Product Owner certification enhances your industry credibility and recognition. It also amplifies your earning potential as it validates your commitment to your Agile journey, making you eligible to take on the responsibilities of an Agile Product Owner and lead projects successfully.
Certified Scrum Product Owner® is a much sought-after credential in the Agile space, and the value of the CSPO certification has gained momentum since the last few years. In today?s constantly changing industry environment, businesses have realised the value in adopting Agile methodology to achieve higher profitability with better utilisation of resources. By recruiting experts who are well versed in agile methods, they can ensure that teams are better tuned-in to the Agile mindset, thus ensuring project success. CSPO certified professionals have the knowledge and skills to enable them to make the right decisions as an effective customer to the Scrum team, motivating their team members to perform better and maximizing ROI which is the need of the hour.
- Gain an exemplary foundation of Scrum
- Enhance the level of Scrum functionalities
- Provide leadership to Agile teams
- Improve professional skills, as an efficient Product Owner
- Integrate the newly acquired skills to improve employment prospects
- Stay updated by gaining an updated understanding of different Agile practices
- Expand your career opportunities across all industries adopting Agile practices
- Gain access to a number of local groups of Scrum users and social networks.
CSPO is a participation-based certificate. On successful completion of an in-person, two day (16 hours) CSPO course taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer® (such as this course), you will receive a Certificate from Scrum Alliance designating you as Certified Scrum Product Owner®. The certification includes a two-year membership in Scrum Alliance.
The course fee paid includes the first 2 years of Certified Scrum Product Owner® certification cost.
CSPO certification renewal needs to be done every 2 years. You need to pay $100 to extend the credential for a further 2 years from the date of your current expiration. In order to renew your Scrum Product Owner certification, login to https://www.scrumalliance.org/login, go to your dashboard and choose the ?Renew Certification? option available under the heading ?Actions?.
Starting from February 4, 2019, candidates are now required to earn 20 Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) within the past two years, in addition to the $100 renewal fee that has to be paid.This new requirement has been mandated to validate your participation and continued proficiency in the fundamental principles and practices of Scrum. You can earn the required SEUs by completing an educational training or a learning opportunity.
At present, the average Certified Product Owner salary is $100K per year.
CSPO® Certification Exam
There is no Scrum Alliance Product Owner certification exam to earn a CSPO credential.
PDUs & SEUs
PDUs and SEUs are Professional Development Units and Scrum Educational Units, issued by the Scrum Alliance. They can be earned by completing educational training or learning opportunities, which serve to validate your participation and continued proficiency in the principles and practices of Scrum. To maintain your certification from Scrum Alliance, you are required to earn a certain number of PDUs and SEUs every two years.
PDUs and SEUs are credits awarded by the Project Management Institute and the Scrum Alliance respectively. They recognize your dedication to the Agile world through the award of credits for every educational effort you make throughout your career. Scrum Alliance members who hold a credential from Scrum Alliance need to earn SEUs to get recertified every two years. PDUs are offered by the PMI®, and every PMI® certification, except the CAPM®, requires you to earn a specific number of PDUs per three-year certification cycle.
You can get 14-16 PDUs and SEUs by participating in our 2-day training program.
SEARCHING FOR THE RIGHT COURSE?
Upskill counselors can help you pick the suitable program
CALL US NOW 1-800-299-5097